Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hardware error. sense code 0x03, 0x01

I have been ripping and burning DVDs in .ts form in Popcorn for a long time. I am now getting error code: hardware error. sense code 0x03, 0x01 at the end of each session and have a lovely new stack of coasters. I thought it was my media so bought a brand new spindle of maxell dvd-r where i had been using memorex. more coasters. I successfully bruned a data cd last week with no problems. when I've been playing DVDs they've been skipping and failing a lot, but I figured the problem had to do with bad DVDs (copies).

I am quite concerned with the not being able to burn a dvd and am worried about my superdrive. and I don't have any of my software with me, I am a college student home for a few weeks and all my apple software dvds are in storage three states away.

powerbook g4, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Aug 18, 2006 9:39 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2006 6:44 AM in response to mbaugh

I would purchase only media stored in jewelcases. The media on spindles has a very low quality and can easily have errors like this.

Do not write on the label side of the disk, an use disk inserts.

To see how various media fair, see this page:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia

Also note, I've receive sense key errors if I attempt to use the computer while it is burning data, and it seems to be an issue also of the machine being in motion from the tapping of the keys while the burning is taking place. So leave it someplace steady before you set it to burn.

hardware error. sense code 0x03, 0x01

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.