Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 not playing music through lightning converter

As above - although my iphone will charge when connected through a lightning pin adapter on an external device, it won't play music through it - the music just plays through the iPhone speakers. I've tried a different adapter and the same thing happens, so I think it must be a phone problem. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 3:03 PM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2014 6:30 PM in response to caroline1990

I find myself with this problem as well. This is a recent problem though, only in the past two days. My Lightning adapter in my car has been working flawlessly for over a year. Only within the past two days, does it refuse to play music from my iPhone through to my car. Occassionally, as the device is registering with my car, a brief amount of audio will transfer to my car speakers but it will stop within a second and only be playable through my phone. The phone is still being charged when connected, though.

I tried to see if there was an overnight automatic update of my phone, but didn't see anything in my history list. Briefly received a message on my iPhone "...not supported..." when connected, but it dissappears within 2 seconds so I can never read the whole thing. Does not reliably appear.

Iphone 5 not playing music through lightning converter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.