Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading to 1.0 on 1st Gen Mini - please help

Hi all

i have the very first IPOD, the mini i think. its running firmware 1.4.1 and i need it running just 1.0 to be compatable with something i need to use it with.

i have downloaded software versions from the net but i cant figure out how to downgrade the software.

holding shift whilst clicking restore or update doesnt work, i get a message saying: "couldnt update because the firmware version is not compatable".

so, i think i need two things:

1- the correct download of 1.0 and where to get it

2- how to downgrade/install 1.0

thanks in advance folks, it will be appreciated

Dave

iPod mini, iOS 1.x

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 1:57 PM

6 replies

Apr 4, 2014 3:13 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

no thats the porblem. my car has one port in it - an aerial type thing. i have an aftermarket harmon kardon ipod thing which consists off: a main control box which has, ipod charging/connector cable, screen, ipod controller. this connects to the only port thats there as i said.

i want to keep the car stock as its got dolby surround etc which i will lose with an aftermarket head unit.

Apr 4, 2014 3:26 PM in response to D1mond69

Well, it's not worth making upgrades to your car, just to use an old iPod from 2004... 😉

I asked about the car having an auxiliary audio input, because you could more simply connect the iPod to that connection point, using a commonly available cable, for example

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iCable-Auxiliary-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B002 AR5XIK

You can then play your iPod through that connection to your car's speakers. If that "harmon kardon ipod thing" has a way to charge the iPod, connect the iPod there just for charging while it plays through the auxiliary audio input.

Downgrading to 1.0 on 1st Gen Mini - please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.