Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics tablet/digitizer?

The online meeting sotware we use allows for "whiteboarding" which is like a basic paint app. I'd like to start to use it but think I need a stylus and some sort of graphics tablet/digitizer as my input device. Anybody recommend what to buy?

Thanks much.

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 1:43 PM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2017 10:20 PM in response to rcook349

Hi There,

I recommend using the Wacom line of graphics tablets. They are the most trusted, highest quality and most used line of graphics tablet out there.

If you wish to use it for small-scale graphic design, then I recommend the cheap and effective "Bamboo" or "Intuos" series. They are a group of "Pad Tablets" which allow you to look at a monitor/laptop screen while you write with your "Wacom Tablet Pen" onto the tablet. The strokes that you press on your tablet will then transfer to the monitor/laptop screen.

If you are looking to use it for much larger projects or for a longer time - basically you're going to be using your graphics tablet many times a day for multiple reasons, I would suggest using one of the much more expensive but worth it, Cintiqs, or MobileStudio Pro tablets. They are both "Touchscreen" (stylus), which means that you will be drawing directly onto the screen of the tablet.

Every single Wacom Graphics Tablet is "Pressure Sensitive". This means that if you press down softly on the graphics tablet, a soft stroke will appear on the laptop screen or monitor. Likewise, if you press down hard on the graphics tablet, a hard stroke will appear on the laptop screen or monitor. If you're using a Cintiq graphics tablet or a MobileStudio Pro, then the same will apply except that if you press down hard or light on the screen, a hard or light brush stroke will show.

Check out the Wacom website: http://www.Wacom.com/ where you will find all of the above along with many more accessories.

Hope you found this information helpful.

-Joseph Davis

Graphics tablet/digitizer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.