Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i was just sold an ipad 2, they put it back to factory settings but they never took it off of their account. they claim they dont know the password to their account anymore so now i have a useless ipad. does anyone have advice?

please help

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 2:54 PM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2014 2:57 PM in response to alwayschristyb

If the iPad has Activation Lock - that is, it's asking for the previous owner's Apple ID and password to activate the device - then you will need that information, or you'll need to get the previous owner to remove the device from his/her iCloud account:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702

If the previous owner is unable or unwilling to cooperate - and the claim that they "forgot the password" is very fishy given the multiple options available for resetting the password to an Apple ID - then the device is unusable by you. Return the iPad for a refund if you can.

Regards.

i was just sold an ipad 2, they put it back to factory settings but they never took it off of their account. they claim they dont know the password to their account anymore so now i have a useless ipad. does anyone have advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.