Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4-4-2014 iPod Classic Problem details: My classic iPod 120 GB which had almost 60 GB not used suddenly after connecting to iTunes with updated 11.5.5 a] shows it has no music nor anything else on it, b] shows 0 kg available c] shows when I connect it to t

MESSAGE ABOVE ANY HELP PLEASE?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 3:34 PM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2014 8:25 PM in response to bobhom

You probably need to do a Restore in the iPod using iTunes. The iPod's hard drive probably has data corruption. The Restore button is on the iPod's Summay screen in iTunes. This will erase the iPod, reinstall its software, and set it to default settings.

NOTE: If the cause is the iPod's hard drive becoming faulty or unreliable, the Restore will not help. If the Restore fails due to a hardware problem, your iPod will become non-operable.

4-4-2014 iPod Classic Problem details: My classic iPod 120 GB which had almost 60 GB not used suddenly after connecting to iTunes with updated 11.5.5 a] shows it has no music nor anything else on it, b] shows 0 kg available c] shows when I connect it to t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.