Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if I click "delete backup" in order to delete the iCloud backups from my sisters phone off my device. Will it delete everything on her phone?

So a while ago when I got my phone I started a new Apple ID account/ iCloud.. Then when my sister got a new iphone I gave her my id to use too. In settings-general-usage it says that my storage is almost full. I then click on manage storage and it shows my phone and my sisters phone and how many gb or whatever. Also it says "last backup failed" and other stuff that's Irrelevant. Now when I click on my sisters phone I have an option to "delete backup" MY QUESTION is if I click the delete backup button will it just delete the iCloud backup off my phone OR will it totally delete everything involving the backup off my sisters phone forever??? Please help! Thank you so much!!!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 4:18 PM

Deleting a backup deletes the backup only from the iCloud storage, not anything on the iPhone.

The iPhone's iCloud backup will be updated at some point - automatically when the iPhone is connected to an available wi-fi network while connected to a power source unless the iCloud backup is turned off on the iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2014 4:18 PM in response to Sabrinamarie1

Deleting a backup deletes the backup only from the iCloud storage, not anything on the iPhone.

The iPhone's iCloud backup will be updated at some point - automatically when the iPhone is connected to an available wi-fi network while connected to a power source unless the iCloud backup is turned off on the iPhone.

What happens if I click "delete backup" in order to delete the iCloud backups from my sisters phone off my device. Will it delete everything on her phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.