Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why isnt my ipod holding its charge?

since i got my ipod in 2011 my ipod wasnt holding its charge. i have wanted to threaten the company to send me a new one for free because i charged it all night when i got it and the next day when i went to use it my battery was dead in less than 5min.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 4:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2014 7:00 PM in response to danielle buchholz

First threatening will not work, bad idea-- always tends to put people off. Have you ruled out a bad cable or charger, or damage or corrosion to the charging port? You could try a Reset, may help, but I'm thinking your battery has gone south. The battery is not meant to last forever, they do wear out. Are you having any other problems, like over heating during charging or during use, did the charging cycles seem to get longer and longer as use time shortened? After approximately 400 charging cycles the battery starts to fail, not holding a charge is a symptom. Maybe time for a new battery. Apple will replace for $79.00 plus shipping and handling and taxes. You may want to contact your Apple store or the Apple Genius Bar and have your iPod evaluated. Good luck, Cheers.

why isnt my ipod holding its charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.