Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garage band update

When i dowload the garage band update that say "60 new stuff" it says you have to restart garage band to use it. How do you do this? Iv'e downloaded it 3 times now and cant seem to be able to use it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 6:49 PM

5 replies

Apr 7, 2014 7:58 PM in response to léonie

I have restarted my computer. When i launch garage band after i "downloaded" it it acts exactally as i did before i downloaded with the little arrow next to some of the instruments. When i click on the arrow it says something like this, "this instrument is not avalible unless you download this update. Click here to download it the next time you open the software update thing and click here to download it now. It will automatically install after downloading.

Apr 8, 2014 11:33 PM in response to petablotia

Tried it but no garageband under purchases. Guess its already accepted.

Then you are not signed into the AppStore with the account you are used to buy GarageBand or to set up your Mac. If GarageBand is correctly installed in Applications, and you accepted it and sign into the AppStore with the correct AppleID, it should show on the "Purchases" tab. I am seeing GarageBand and GarageBand 6.0.5.

User uploaded file

When you go to the AppStore "Store" menu - does it show you as signed in, and does the correct account show in the parentheses in "View my account"?

User uploaded file

garage band update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.