Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor freezes soon after waking from sleep, Magic Trackpad

I have a mid-2011 21.5" iMac with a Magic Trackpad. Cursor sometimes freezes within a few minutes of waking from sleep. Sometimes it happens several times a day, sometimes I've gone almost a week without it happening. Keyboard continues to work but trackpad is non-responsive. To get it working again I go to Spotlight using the keyboard and search Bluetooth, arrow down to Bluetooth System Preferences in the Spotlight results. After a little while the cursor starts working again.

When it happens this appears in the Console:

3/11/14 7:38:41.000 AM kernel[0] [BNBTrackpadDevice] [waitForData][d8-96-95-de-a1-d5] Timeout waiting for data
 3/11/14 7:38:41.000 AM kernel[0] [BNBTrackpadDevice::getExtendedReport][80.14] ERROR: [BNBTrackpadDevice] getReport returned error e00002d6 for reportID 0x0030
 3/11/14 7:38:41.000 AM kernel[0] [BNBTrackpadDevice] [getBatteryState] Couldn't get battery state from device
 3/11/14 7:38:45.000 AM kernel[0] [BNBTrackpadDevice] [waitForData][d8-96-95-de-a1-d5] Timeout waiting for data
 3/11/14 7:38:45.000 AM kernel[0] [BNBTrackpadDevice::getExtendedReport][80.14] ERROR: [BNBTrackpadDevice] getReport returned error e00002d6 for reportID 0x0047
 3/11/14 7:38:45.000 AM kernel[0] [BNBTrackpadDevice] [updateBatteryLevel] Couldn't get battery percentage from device

This is what I've tried over the past six months: I have tried 3 pairs of Apple recharger batteries (same batteries work fine in keyboard) and a new pair of Energizer batteries, I have tried resetting PRAM and SMC. Three clean installs of Mavericks: First clean install I restored from Time Machine backup. Second clean install I did Migration Assistant from SuperDuper backup. Third time I created new user and did manual drag and drop from backup of user files and manually reinstall apps. I did not move over my fonts in case there were any corrupt ones, so the only fonts I have came with Mavericks. I have a new trackpad courtesy of AppleCare, as well as a new Bluetooth board. I have tried trashing the Bluetooth prefs, removing the trackpad from the Bluetooth list and pairing again. I have seached for solutions in the discussions as well as other sites.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 5:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2014 3:59 PM in response to trailgirl

I had the same problem. I have found a work around - sort of. I have unchecked the option to "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" (System Preferences / Bluetooth / Advanced). I no longer have the problem. Having to wake the computer another way (I have a USB wireless mouse so no problem for me) and waiting a second or two for the bluetooth devices to connect is less annoying than continually losing trackpad connection. I hope that helps you too.

Cursor freezes soon after waking from sleep, Magic Trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.