Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 "SOS only" problem

I have a iPhone 4 which is locked to telstra. I tried putting in a boost mobile sim card and it says SOS only. If I put in a telstra sim card it works. Boost is with Telstra so Boost should work in a Telstra Phone. Please help!!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 1:25 AM

Sounds like your phone is locked to the Telstra network. IF you want to use it with Boost you need to contact Telstra and have them unlock it for you

7 replies

Apr 5, 2014 1:26 AM in response to Applerox69

Not necessarily. It sounds like your phone is LOCKED to Boost. Unless Boost unlocks the device, you would not be able to use any other carriers sim card - even if they use the same network. The card identifies the carrier it wants.

I also don't know that even if boost unlocked the sim slot, if the device could be used on another carrier in the same region. I know in the US, the older model GSM phones could only be used in the US on the original carrier, but the sim could be unlocked for international use.

Apr 5, 2014 1:31 AM in response to Applerox69

If it works with Telstra and not with the boost sim then the problem is that the phone is not unlocked to work with Boost. It does nto matter that Boost uses the Telstra 3G network. I am with Amaysim and it uses the Optus network. If I had a phone locked to Telstra I could not simply put an amaysim SIm car din it and expect it to work with Amaysim

iPhone 4 "SOS only" problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.