Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the binding between iCloud account and Apple ID

Hi,

A time ago I changed my apple ID email. I could do it and all my iDevices now work on these new email or account. The problem is that on my Macbook the iCloud account is still bound with the old AppleID. How can I break that binding between the iCloud account and the old Apple is so that my iCluod account is bound to my new Apple ID?

Example:

I used to use my old apple ID named old@mymail.com

I had my iCloud account named guido@icloud.com

I changed my apple ID to new@mymail.com

When I go to the iCloud preferences I see my iCloud account guido@icloud.com but the Apple ID that is bound with is old@mymail.com instead new@mymail.com

I went to mange apple ID site but there is nothing there it can help me.

Thanks in advanced,

Guido.

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Go to System Preferences>iCloud and click 'Sign out'. Then sign back in with new@mymail.com. Your iCloud data will disappear from your Mac when you sign out but will reappear when you sign back in (give it time).

If you have an iOS device, go to Settings>iCloud and click 'Delete account' - this will not delete the account from the server, just sign you out.

If you are offered the opportunity to save the data onto your Mac when you sign out do not take it or you will land up with duplicates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2014 8:02 AM in response to WarlockArg

Go to System Preferences>iCloud and click 'Sign out'. Then sign back in with new@mymail.com. Your iCloud data will disappear from your Mac when you sign out but will reappear when you sign back in (give it time).

If you have an iOS device, go to Settings>iCloud and click 'Delete account' - this will not delete the account from the server, just sign you out.

If you are offered the opportunity to save the data onto your Mac when you sign out do not take it or you will land up with duplicates.

How to change the binding between iCloud account and Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.