Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro A1286 Late 2011

I have MacBook Pro A1286 Late 2011. I loaded updates OS X in Thuesday. I have the latest versions of OS X.

MacBook can not boot on Friday. (Look photo)

I read on the Internet and in the forum Apple that this problem pushed a lot of people.

So looks mac on the start:

User uploaded file

Then we have blue screen or grey screen:

User uploaded file

if start win 7:

User uploaded file

and then blue screen again.

If start win 7 (Boot camp) in safe mode:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

(Test in service center)

User uploaded file

I have heard that Apple has launched a program to replace graphics in iMac 2011.

Is there a similar program to replace the video card HD Radeon 6770m for my MacBook Pro 2011 late?

P.S.: Sorry for my English)

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 4:10 AM

5 replies

Apr 6, 2014 10:00 AM in response to CHUVASCH

The problems other Users are having (or not having) has no impact on your problem. At this writing, there is no recall in effect for this model.

You will need to deal with YOUR Mac individually. You will need to take it to your Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for evaluation.

Do not hold your breath waiting for Apple or anyone else to provide a solution for every Mac of this model. (I own two of them, one early 2011 and one late 2011,and they are working just fine).

If a recall is eventually decided, they will refund what you paid for repairs.

MacBook Pro A1286 Late 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.