Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on recovery loop, error 3

Iphone 4s, after every time i try to restore it, get error 3... tried everything i found on this forum, watched a lot of youtube videos, no luck so fare... was wondering if any of you guys had the same problem and how u solved it?

never was jailbroken, just tried to update and got a brick. also the whone doesnt any signs of live. itunes recognize it whenever i connect it to my laptop, but in recovery mode only. tried using different cables, diverent computers, mac and so on....

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 7:25 AM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2014 1:58 PM in response to Andrewk0

Hi there Andrewk0,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Try these steps first

Use the basic troubleshooting steps to resolve most backup and restore issues.

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 10-47, 1002, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1000-1020, 1669.

Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Error 1015 might happen after making unauthorized modifications to iOS, also called "jailbreaking."

-Griff W.

stuck on recovery loop, error 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.