Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB mobile modem and Airport

Hi, i have a weak signal stregnth from wifi in my house. Id like to extend my current wifi signal but a problem surrounding the airport and my DOVADO Tiny router appeared.

The Airport Extreme doesn´t recognize the USB modem. Is it possible to extend it using bridge mode?

Or how can i totally redesign my home wireless network using apple Airport products?

note, i have two Windows 7 stationary computers and one Macbook pro r.

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 10:44 AM

The Airport Extreme doesn´t recognize the USB modem. Is it possible to extend it using bridge mode?

Sorry, but no.

Or how can i totally redesign my home wireless network using apple Airport products?

You would need to get a replacement modem that provides an Ethernet connection. In turn, any of the AirPort base stations would connect to this Ethernet connection to provide a Wi-Fi network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2014 10:44 AM in response to Johanfalk

Sorry, but no.

You would need to get a replacement modem that provides an Ethernet connection. In turn, any of the AirPort base stations would connect to this Ethernet connection to provide a Wi-Fi network.

USB mobile modem and Airport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.