Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my iphone have a virus?

While I was browsing the internet using safari on my iphone 5c a message window opened that said an adult website infected me with a virus (this window looked like an apple notification). I never went on an adult website. it also said that if I didn't do anything about it, it would make my phone battery drop and it would result on a total system failure. At the end it said that I needed to download a clean app that I trusted so I could remove it.

I was using 3G when this happened and not wifi.

Do I really have a virus or is this just a scam? What makes me think that I actually have a virus is that the notification didn't say that I needed to download a specific app, it just said that I need to download one that I trust. Also, it really looked like an apple notification.

My phone is not jailbroken.

Can anyone help me? What should I do?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 7:53 AM

7 replies

Does my iphone have a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.