Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to load events in FCPX 10.1.1

This just started a couple of days ago. I was trashing some old events and projects and then noticed that I wasn't able to see the contents of my events. I would cycle through them all in the "Libraries" sidebar, but FCP wouldn't show me the clips. This only happened if I selected the parent folder ("My Book Thunderbolt Duo's projects and events"). If I quit and relaunch, I can cycle through and see the contents of my events, but as soon as I select that top option, I can't anymore.

FCPX v10.1.1

2013 Mac Mini

Mavericks 10.9.2

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 8:21 AM

10 replies

Apr 5, 2014 10:29 AM in response to Russ H

What is The View folder and what are its contents?

It's an event from an old project that I scrapped. It's empty, and I'm unable to delete it for some reason.

If you look inside this Library in the Finder, and open any of the events, do you see an Original Media folder containing the clips you would expect?

Yes. All clips are present and accounted for.

Apr 5, 2014 10:43 AM in response to Zachary Prewitt

Zachary Prewitt wrote:

It's an event from an old project that I scrapped. It's empty, and I'm unable to delete it for some reason.

That may be the cause of the problem.

First check your Backups folder and double-click a backup library to ensure you have a working BU. If it opens and it works, close FCPX.

In the Finder go into the library and drag the dot flexeolibrary file (a database) to the trash. If that "View" folder is still in the llibrary, drag that to the trash as well.

User uploaded file

Reopen FCP X. Any joy?

Russ

Apr 5, 2014 11:18 AM in response to Zachary Prewitt

Just to doublecheck that you trashed the Currentversion.flexeolibrary from the current library – not the backup library – and that you also trashed that folder from the Finder.

If you confirmed that you did that and that empty folder stil appears…

In FCP, Open Library>From Backups. Open the earliest one you see.

If you still have the problem, I'm afraid someone else with some fresh ideas will have to help you.

Russ

Unable to load events in FCPX 10.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.