Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hacking

Paranoid, maybe, but why would the IT guy at work, stand at the entrance to work two mornings consecutively, and then pace back and forth by my office, looking at his phone, then walking back by and look at his cell phone again? He walked by every 15 minutes all day long. I followed him a few times, unknown to him, to see what he was doing. That's when I saw him either taking his phone out of his pocket or putting it in each and every time.

I know nothing about hacking, but could this be possible, that he's spying/hacking? Ironic that another person recently asked who my provider is..and another asked if I had the Wi-fi password at work. It was also the first two days under new management. All sorta weird.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 9:01 AM

24 replies

Apr 5, 2014 9:09 AM in response to FritoBandito101

If your device is not jailbroken, it cannot be hacked. Do you have personal hotspot turned on? It is possible he is trying to see that, or is checking to see if the company wi-fi is accessible in various sections of the building? Did you bother to ask him what he was doing? The other two questions are coincidental. What carrier you have has nothing to do with the company wi-fi, and if the company wi-fi password is available to others, it would make no difference if you have it, unless the other person was wanting to get it. I would agree with your original statement, paranoia.

Apr 5, 2014 9:24 AM in response to FritoBandito101

Not sure who you are responding to. You need to click on the reply button for the post that you are replying to. You keep responding to yourself. Again, if your device is not jailbroken, then you cannot be hacked. Of course turning the phone off entirely would prevent anything, including receiving phone calls, being without power. Airplane mode turns off everything as well, unless you turn wi-fi back on.

Apr 5, 2014 9:25 AM in response to FritoBandito101

The Hotspot shield is an app that you can purchase and it disguises your identity so others cannot detect your true cell phone ID..... I find it weird that the guy paces each way down the hall and walks near my door each time, not on the other side of the hall..and has done this on two consecutive days, and each of those two days, he stood at the entrance when all arrived to work. Usually, I never see the guy....he's in a back office with the lights off and 5 or 6 computer screens in front of him..doing IT stuff.

hacking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.