Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is homeshare not allowing me to click import?

I am trying to use Home Share to transfer my itunes account onto another computer, but when I try to Import, it does not allow me to click it. Therefore, I cannot import my music or apps.

iPod touch (4th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 11:33 AM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2014 11:42 AM in response to Nisha92999

Hi Nisha92999,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

You are referencing the correct article for transferring your music to a new computer. Home sharing is one of the ways to do this. It requires you to use the same Apple ID on both computers. If you continue to have issues after following all of the steps in the article you referenced, I would suggest trying the External Drive option. Unlike Home Sharing, it creates a backup of the iTunes library on an external drive.

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527?viewlocale=en_US

External drive

This option requires more work than Home Sharing, but it creates a backup of your iTunes library on the external drive in addition to moving your content.

Part 1: Locating and consolidating the iTunes Media folder

Part 2: Copy iTunes folder from the old computer:

Part 3: Get iTunes ready on your new computer

Part 4: Back up any music that's already on your new computer

Part 5: Copy music to your new computer

Part 6: Add preexisting music that was on the new computer back into the library

Cheers,

- Judy

Why is homeshare not allowing me to click import?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.