Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a new MacbookPro using Mavericks OS. When I tried to load Filemaker Pro I got this message: You can't open the application Filemaker Pro.app because Power PC applications are no longer supported. This is a disaster.

I just got a new MacbookPro using Mavericks OS. When I tried to load Filemaker Pro I got this message: You can't open the application Filemaker Pro.app because Power PC applications are no longer supported. This is a disaster.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 10:48 AM

3 replies

Apr 5, 2014 10:50 AM in response to GiraffeHero

PPC legacy applications require Rosetta to interface with Mac OS X. That license was terminated in 2011 when Lion, 10.7, was released and has not been available since.

The only viable solution is to upgrade to the latest versions of the PPC legacy software that will run under Mavericks. That includes things like MS Office 2011 if you use Office components.

Apr 5, 2014 4:34 PM in response to GiraffeHero

GiraffeHero wrote:

Ralph Landry1 wrote:

The only viable solution is to upgrade to the latest versions of the PPC legacy software that will run under Mavericks.

Except for the other viable solution:

If you are unable or unwilling to upgrade to a version of Filemaker that runs natively under Mavercks, you can run your existing version of Filemaker by installing Snow Leopard Server into Parallels:

User uploaded file

[Click on image to enlarge]

Installing Snow Leopard Server into Parallels for DUMMIES:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17285039&postcount=564

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.