Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distorted images on Macbook Pro?

So, a few days ago, my laptop slid off of my passenger seat while I was driving (careless, I know). The day after, when I was using social media, I realized that people weren't posting bad pictures, but the images were actually just showing up distorted. On Facebook, most pictures show up mostly white, with discolored outlines. On Tumblr, most images show up okay, but they'll have a grainy rainbow overlay (it's almost like the rainbow occurs on the pure white parts of a picture). My pictures in in iPhote have the same issue as Tumblr. However, gifs and Netflix are flawless. Text and everything else looks perfectly fine, even the apps at the bottom show up fine. Only the bottom left corner of my background is a little distorted. Is it possible that something was knocked loose? Do I need to get something replaced? Has anyone else experienced this? Any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 11:58 AM

1 reply

Jul 21, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Alexandra0o7

I, too, am having a similar issue. I had my laptop in the passenger seat and had to break. My laptop flew to the floor. I didn't think it was anything until when I turned on my computer and noticed that images in Firefox, Chrome, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop were looking odd. I tried the Apple Hardware Diagnostic tool and nothing showed up with an error. I tried re-calibrating my screen; nothing changed. In Safari, the same web page looks just fine. On my Facebook feed, when there's a video, the still image looks weird, but as soon as the video plays, the color is fine. I'm attaching a screenshot.

I have a Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15" with 10.9.5.

User uploaded file

Distorted images on Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.