Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New keyboard (model A1314) won't power on

I got a new bluetooth keyboard for my iPad Air, but the problem is it won't turn on, let alone pair. Batteries have been exchanged, but I can't get a response from the device. Anyone else had a similar issue? It did power up exactly once and the caps lock light came on and stayed on (clicking caps lock didn't turn it off), not sure what this means.

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 11:41 AM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Kyle4593

Hi Kyle4593,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this. Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3048

Keyboard

• Push and release the On/Off switch to turn on the Apple Wireless Keyboard.
  • When your keyboard is on and paired, and the batteries are charged, the light will glow steadily for several seconds, then turn off.
  • If your wireless keyboard isn’t paired with your Mac, the indicator light will begin to blink. This indicates your keyboard is in discovery mode and ready to pair with your Mac.
  • If the LED doesn't light up, remove the batteries to make sure they're good and that they're installed correctly.

Check preferences

From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences, then choose Bluetooth from the View menu. The Bluetooth preferences pane will list the Bluetooth devices paired with the computer, the status of the devices (paired or connected), and whether Bluetooth power is on or not.

• Click the gear icon and choose "Connect" to connect a device that is powered on.
  • To set up a new device, click the + icon and follow the Bluetooth setup assistant.

User uploaded file

Cheers,

- Judy

New keyboard (model A1314) won't power on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.