Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get repairs/replacement for pre-owned ipod (no warranty)?

Thank you for reading this discussion.

I have an iPod touch 5th gen (64GB) that I got off of eBay. It previously had a bent case, and the front facing camera was broken. However, the problem that just happened that I'm concerned about is liquid damage. The screen now has a dead-spot and crystal looking stuff visible. (There may also be problems with the lightning port and the wi-fi sensor, but not sure if related, and isn't too bad.) There's no warranty, and since it was previously jail-broken, I'm not sure if it could have one. Do I qualify for a replacement device or repairs at an apple store?

-A concerned iPod user

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 3:14 PM

2 replies

Apr 5, 2014 3:24 PM in response to cdonaldson0406

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99 for 16 Gb 5G and $149 for the other 5Gs. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

Except if:

However, certain damage is ineligible for Out-of-Warranty service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. Please see Apple's Repair Terms And Conditions for further details.

Can I get repairs/replacement for pre-owned ipod (no warranty)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.