Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWorks download missing Numbers

With IOS7 download of iWorks, Numbers was not downloaded with Pages & Keynote. How can I get this now?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 6:05 PM

8 replies

Apr 5, 2014 6:15 PM in response to kidsfour

Have you tried downloading it on the App Store? If the app is appearing as free for you, sign out of your ID, restart your iPad and sign in again.

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out. Restart your iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Go back to settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID and sign in. Go back to the App Store and see if the app is available for free to you.

Apr 5, 2014 7:11 PM in response to kidsfour

I think I missed something the first time around. You are only entitled to the apps for free, if you purchased a new iOS device after September 1st of last year. Simply updating to iOS 7 doesn't entitle you to the apps for free. If you were able to download those apps for free, I'm not sure how you did that.

Apr 5, 2014 8:18 PM in response to Demo

I had purchased iWorks, I think 9, earlier. I thought that since I had purchased iWorks, when IOS 7 came out that I would be able to receive the updated trio for free. I did on the Mac. When I downloaded this for my iPad, I naturally thought I would have this on my iPad as well. Well, I got Keynote & Pages only. Does this mean I have to pay for Numbers; as it does not come with the other two?

Apr 5, 2014 9:20 PM in response to kidsfour

OK, there are a few areas where confusion seems to exist:

• You had Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for Mac. That is what you are referring to when you say "iWork". There is no "iWork" app for iPad. And, in fact, purchasing the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote app for iPad have absolutely no relation to whether you purchased (or received for no charge) the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps for Mac.
  • Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for iPad were in fact offered for no charge to some people. But as this article states, to qualify, you had to purchase a qualifying iOS devce after Sept. 1, 2013.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5913

Therefore, it sounds as if you do not qualify for a free Numbers app on your iPad.

Apr 6, 2014 9:10 AM in response to sberman

I guess I am stuck with "iWorks" on the brain, sorry. But I still don't understand why I have Keynote and Pages when I don't remember paying for it. Actually, I was surprised to get it after the IOS7 update; why not Numbers? The Support page you mentioned had, as the last sentence:

"If your qualifying device came with iOS 6 installed, you'll be offered the apps after you upgrade to iOS 7. Any of the apps that you already purchased won't be available for free, but you can download the latest version of those apps for free."

I will go back and check my records to see if I, indeed, had iOS 6 installed. Regardless, I thank both of you for your help.

iWorks download missing Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.