Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Working Drivers for Macbook 2,1 running Windows 8 (64-bit) using Boot Camp 5 (Mountain Lion)

So I found my old Macbook 2,1 on Leopard the other day and decided to make it my dedicated Windows computer. I wanted to run Windows 8 on it, so I figured out I needed Boot Camp 5. Then I realized Boot Camp 5 only runs on Mountain Lion, so I went though the process up updating it (had to use MLPostFactor since it's techincally unsupported on my mac.) After getting it updated to Mountain Lion, I went and used Boot Camp 5 to install Windows 8 64-bit. However, when I try to load any Boot Camp Driver Files (I've tried the drivers for BootCamp 3, 4, and 5) it says it is unsupported on my computer model. I suspect this is because of the fact that Windows 8 shouldn't be on my computer. Without these files, I can't right click, among other things, which is pretty important. Can anyone help me get these drivers loaded?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Macbook2,1 update with MLPostFactor

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 5:55 PM

3 replies

Apr 5, 2014 7:53 PM in response to z0inks

According to the Boot Camp System Requirements located here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634

Your Macbook 2008 does not support Windows 8.

Mac model Windows 8
64-bit
Windows 7
64-bit
Windows 7
32-bit
Windows Vista
64-bit
Windows Vista
32-bit
Windows XP
32-bit
MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 4 4 DVD DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Late 2009) - 4 4 DVD DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2009) - - 4 - DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Early 2009) - - 4 - DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008) - - 4 - DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Early 2008) - - 4 - DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Late 2007) - - 4 - DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2007) - - 4 - DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Late 2006) - - 4 - DVD DVD
MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2006) - - 4 - DVD DVD

May 5, 2014 11:07 AM in response to z0inks

This might be of help, a walkthrough for MacBook1,1: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1731382

Since you can (and do) run 64bit windows on the MacBook2,1, you'll have to pick the equivalent drivers from the x64 directories in the extracted bootcamp 4 folder. And you'll have to fix the DSDT yourself, but from what I've seen it's rather similar.

Let me know if you figure something out for the brightness and volume keys without using the bootcamp agent. Or maybe the 64bit KeyAgent.sys doesn't bluescreen ever so often (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR).

Need Working Drivers for Macbook 2,1 running Windows 8 (64-bit) using Boot Camp 5 (Mountain Lion)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.