Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to configure TimeCapsule running behind Motorola NVG589 modem/router??

I just switched isp from Time Warner to ATT. ATT installed their 'new' Motorola NVG589 modem/router in front of my 3rd gen Time Capsule, to handle bundled tv/phone/internet. Since installation my TC network drops out randomly several times daily for 5-10 min , then self-corrects. Local ATT techs declare the modem/router clean/all green, and of course they can't support beyond their box. ATT ConnecTech (subscription!) support seems to be floundering after just resetting modem and TC channels from Automatic to non-overlapping channels. TC is set to Bridge mode. I have done factory default resets on the TC, but no joy.

Has anyone dealt with the NVG589/TimeCapsule configurations to avoid internet drop-outs? No way I want to lose TC functionality ! Many thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Using iMac and MBPro on 3rd ten TC.

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 1:35 AM

A Gen3 is getting old and they do get unreliable.. when they get messed around they don't like it.

I recommend.

1. If it is on the latest firmware that is not so good.. roll back to 7.6.1 or even 7.5.2

2. Full factory reset.

3. Redo the setup with all SMB naming.. ie short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric. This is important for Mavericks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2014 1:35 AM in response to jaxapple6

A Gen3 is getting old and they do get unreliable.. when they get messed around they don't like it.

I recommend.

1. If it is on the latest firmware that is not so good.. roll back to 7.6.1 or even 7.5.2

2. Full factory reset.

3. Redo the setup with all SMB naming.. ie short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric. This is important for Mavericks.

How to configure TimeCapsule running behind Motorola NVG589 modem/router??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.