Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to iOS 7.1, but constantly reboots

I have an iPad mini, which I bought sometime last year, and I haven't experienced any issues until the iOS 7 update. After that, it would constantly reboot and give me the "black screen of death" several times a day. While some users said that they experienced it more often after their battery dropped to 30%, I noticed no difference. The bug was reportedly supposed to be fixed with iOS 7.1, but after I updated it, the reboots only seemed to intensify.

Now, I can't use my iPad for more than a few minutes before the screen turns black and it reboots itself. It often repeatedly reboots and I don't even see the **** lock screen until it has rebooted itself at least 5 times in a row. I've tried restoring it, and I think my warranty is over. This is just so frustrating because it's basically useless. Is there any way to fix this, or will there be an update? Because 7.1 didn't seem to do anything for me.

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 6:19 PM

4 replies

Updated to iOS 7.1, but constantly reboots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.