Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 Text Message Alert is Silent

Anyone had the issue of text messages on iphone 5 being silent? Any tips? Phone volume on and up, bluetooth disabled, tried Settings>Reset, went into Settings>Sounds and ensured I have a text tone plus volume up there, and tried a few forums online already. Software is up to date.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 7:17 PM

do not disturb on?

8 replies

Apr 5, 2014 7:20 PM in response to serenitynow1

On the Do Not Disturb Screen, Manual is off, Scheduled is off, Repeated Calls is on, and for Silence I have to check one of the following (it won't let me uncheck both): Always or Only while iphone is locked. I selected "Only while iphone is locked". However, I recall before my most recent system update that I still go text message sound alerts even when my screen was off.

Dec 9, 2015 12:25 AM in response to pj772

I Have the EXACT same problem. I went on YouTube and I came across this channel...It solve my problem!!! Guaranteed!! It worked on any iPhone As well. Basically there is a switch just above your volume and up button on the side. All you need to do is to switch up where it does not show the RED color. And that will solve iT.

Right now we are all having a problem where our iPhone goes silence when there is incoming texts in our notification locked screen or when we don't hear a locked screen sound when we lock our phone is because that switch above the volume up/down button is switch to red where it mute text tones, etc. I hope that will helped. If not, check sound under setting as well as do not disturb under setting the manual should be off not on.

http://youtu.be/_gFgdxuxwlQ

Iphone 5 Text Message Alert is Silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.