Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Time Capsule and wireless devices

Hi, I have a 1TB Time Capsuele 4th Gen. and it has been working since I got it, with only a few problems that were quickly resolved. However, it recently stopped allowing internet access to wireless devices. My home computer is connected on airport and actually does have internet access. However, my iPhone and MacBook, although they are recognizing the network and trying to connect, are being denied internet access. I have restarted everything multiple time, changed wireless details (network name and password) and nothing has worked. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 9:04 PM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2014 1:33 AM in response to martin407

Start with a full factory reset and redo the setup again.. the full factory is important.

Universal Factory Reset.. any model TC or AE.

Unplug your TC/AE from power or turn off at the power point.

Hold in reset. and power the TC/AE back on.. all without releasing reset and keep holding in for about 10sec. (this is often difficult without a 2nd person or a 3rd arm).

Release it when the status light flashes rapidly. If it doesn’t flash rapidly you have missed it and try again.

Note..

Be Gentle! Feel the switch click on. It has a positive feel.. add no more pressure after that.

TC/AE will reboot after a couple of minutes with default factory settings and will wipe out previous configurations of the router.

No files are deleted on the hard disk in a TC.. No reset of the TC deletes files.. to do that you use erase from the airport utility.

No luck then it is faulty.. but it is gen3 or earlier.. all Gen4 TC were available with 2 or 3TB drives.. there is no 1TB Gen4. That makes it Gen3 and over 3 years old.

Problem with Time Capsule and wireless devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.