Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Automatic Conversion of Compressed Files

I simply want an existing 44.1/256k mp3 file to be tossed on to a track without being converted to AIFF. I'm poking around the settings but don't see it. I look in the owners manual (pasted below) and it tells me that it doesn't automatically convert, but it is! So how do I do this?

Importing Compressed Audio Files

Logic Pro allows you to directly play back the following compressed audio file formats:

• AAC
    • Compression format: MPEG-4 AAC
    • Sample rates: 8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 12 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 64 kHz, 88.2 kHz, or 96 kHz
  • MP3
    • 44.1 kHz files
    • Stereo files encoded at 48 or higher kbps, mono files encoded at 32 or more kbps
    • iTunes/Logic encoded files
  • Apple Lossless files

These files are not automatically converted when imported into Logic Pro. The compressed audio file is added to the Arrange area, and a region that encompasses the complete audio file is created. You can edit this region in the same fashion as a normal audio region in the Arrange area. You can cut it, loop it, rename it, and so on.

Logic Studio

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 8:34 PM

There are no replies.

No Automatic Conversion of Compressed Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.