Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I revert my iPhoto to the Original File?

I have Mac OS X - Version 10.5.8 - iPhoto 9

I have a numerious amount of photo's that look fine in thumbnail but when opened I am given a "!". I have done the suggested Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library. This did not work! But if I right-click iPhoto Library, click Show Package Contents I see there are files such as Originals, Modified, Library.iPhone, Library6.iPhoto, and Before Restore. Ok I compared the specific "!" photos. Example IMG_0057 comes up "!" in iPhoto. In the Original folder IMG_0057 is there and perfect, but in Modified IMG_0057 does not exist nor do the other photos that were showing "!".

SO I thought to just restore all pictures to the pictures in the Original Folder. Can this be done? How do I do this? Will this restore the photos back to that have "!" without loosing them all? Please share with me what I can do?!?!?!?

Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhoto

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 10:26 PM

5 replies

Apr 7, 2014 1:51 PM in response to BDAqua

No it was never used on iphone or ipad. but I am sure the iphoto at some point was updated. Diane I did looking using iphoto Library manager but the version of Mac I have I believe is too old. That's why I am asking here because all other suggestions I have found seem to be wrong. I have backed up my photos but it was later after all this started occuring. Thats why I want to go back to the images in the original file......

Any other thoughts PLEASE?!?!?

PS I have no idea why this signed me in as a different user?!

Message was edited by: Kandycane18

How do I revert my iPhoto to the Original File?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.