Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is ipod nano not connecting to my computer or itunes and is not charging?

I plug my ipod nano in with the Apple cord, but it does not charge, or appear in itunes. It also doesn't charge with a regular charger plugged into a powerplug. The cord is not the problem because I have used multiple cords. The ipod can still be charged in a docking station, but I need to plug it into my laptop to get songs. Help!

iPod nano, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 1:20 AM

2 replies

Apr 6, 2014 11:16 AM in response to isabella__

isabella__

I have been trying to solve the same issue (I assume) all morning. Finally found that if I followed these steps ( http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923 ) to the letter, my issue was solved. The page I was using as a guide did not have the part about "Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer", and I was just uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling it. Once I did that step and reinstalled it worked like a charm. All the other crap I was doing in the other steps probably was just a waste of my time!! Hope you have the same results.

Why is ipod nano not connecting to my computer or itunes and is not charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.