Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying and pasting multiple sentences in separate location at the same time, holding command?

Ok, I'm sure this used to work and I feel reall stupid but it's driving me mad.

Say there is a paragraph of text and you want to copy the first sentence and the last sentence of paragraph at the same time, to same time - you just hold command right? This doesn't work anymore!

Have I disabled something? How do I fix it? Whenever I hold command now it just doesn't register and copies the most recent sentence highlighted.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 5:05 AM

I don't have Lion to test with at the moment, but it works with Snow, although not in all Applications. Safari doesn't, for example; but TextEdit does.

1 reply

Copying and pasting multiple sentences in separate location at the same time, holding command?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.