Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck "Searching..." near WiFi after upgrading iPhone 4S' iOS to v7.1.

Hello.

I up(date/grad)ed my client's iPhone 4S' iOS 7.0.6 from the Internet (not through MacBook Pro's iTunes). After the successful up(grad/date), we noticed the top left says "Searching..." left of WiFi for a long time. Is this normal? WiFi Internet seems to work though. When is it supposed to go away? Everything else seems to be OK so far.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, Verizon Wireless carrier

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 9:13 AM

2 replies

Apr 8, 2014 12:24 PM in response to antdude

Hello antdude,

It sounds like you are seeing "Searching..." on your client's iPhone after an update. I recommend the following steps:

Symptoms

iPhone may display one of the following symptoms in the status bar:

• Displays No Service or Searching in an area of good coverage
  • Does not regain service when returning to an area of coverage

Resolution If you encounter any of the above symptoms on your iPhone, try these steps to attempt to resolve the issue. Test after each step.
  1. Try turning iPhone off and then on again.
  2. Remove the SIM card and verify that it is a valid, carrier-manufactured SIM. Also verify that it is not damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
  3. Check for a carrier settings update. Tap Settings > General > About while connected to a Wi-Fi network. If an update is available, a prompt should appear soon. If Wi-Fi is not available, connect your device to iTunes.
  4. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  5. Restore the iPhone.

If you're still experiencing No Service issues, contact your carrier to check for any network or account issues that could cause this issue.

iPhone: Troubleshooting No Service

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4429

Thank you for posting in the Apple Supprot Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Stuck "Searching..." near WiFi after upgrading iPhone 4S' iOS to v7.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.