Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Turn on home sharing".

Hi! All,

I cannot turn on "Home Sharing".

Yes ,it is all explained very clearly on the webpage but, I quote from the Apple TV set up guide, Open iTunes and choose Advanced > Turn on Home Sharing.

I would if Advance was anywhere on the webpage. Has anyone any idea where Advanced is? If available please give me a clue?

There are lots of explanations, but goes no where to explain how to "Turn on Home Sharing".

I am a Windows person and so am unfamiliar with Apple syntax.

Best wishes

drmgwhite

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 9:07 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2014 1:02 PM in response to drmgwhite

Hello drmgwhite,

Thank you for the question. It sounds like you are trying to set up Home Sharing, but are not able to enable it on iTunes and the Apple TV.

Try these steps to enable Home Sharing on iTunes and the Apple TV:

Setting up Home Sharing in iTunes on your computer

1. Make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes.
    Mac: Choose iTunes > Check for Updates. Windows: Choose Help > Check for Updates.
  2. Choose File > Home Sharing > Turn On Home Sharing.
    Note: If you're using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, choose Advanced > Turn on Home Sharing.
  3. Enter the Apple ID and password that you use for the iTunes Store and click Turn on Home Sharing.
    User uploaded file
  4. To share personal photos with Apple TV, choose File > Home Sharing > Choose Photos to Share and select the option to share photos. Learn more about sharing with Apple TV.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 on each computer you want to use for Home Sharing.

Tip: Enter the same Apple ID and password on each computer you intend to use for Home Sharing.

Setting up Home Sharing on Apple TV

On Apple TV, choose Computers and follow the onscreen instructions.

After you turn on Home Sharing, Apple TV will automatically find iTunes libraries on your home network that have Home Sharing turned on and are using the account name you entered. The shared libraries will appear in Computers on the main menu of Apple TV.

User uploaded file

Setting up Home Sharing for Apple TV (2nd generation and 3rd generation)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4352

If you continue to experience issues with Home Sharing, I recommend the following article:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2972

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Cannot Turn on home sharing".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.