Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skype and Google Hangouts won't request access to my ipad mic

When I go to Privacy-->Microphones to enable the microphone, no applications are listed. I've tried deleting and redownloading them, turning off/on the iPad, doing a hard reboot. No applications still... Advice?

iPad

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 10:55 AM

14 replies

Apr 6, 2014 12:20 PM in response to bobseufert

When I dial in Skype and press send, Skype tells me to change my privacy settings to enable the microphone. When I go to Privacy--> Microphone, the screen says "Applications that have requested to access the microphone will appear here." Neither Skype nor Google Hangouts are listed. How do I get these applications to show up in my list?

Apr 6, 2014 4:11 PM in response to kskier102

Thanks for all your help.

I'm downloading You Tube right now and will give it a go.

Also thought I'd tell you something else peculiar that might help out. I just went through all the sub folders under Privacy. This includes things like Location, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Photos, Bluetooth Sharing, and the Microphone. The only folder that has apps listed is the Photo folder. However, I cannot change the settings. They're on... but they're faded out and I can't switch them off. It is like they're frozen.

Alright, now to try YouTube

Skype and Google Hangouts won't request access to my ipad mic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.