Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote not working

my remote is not working with my Apple TV. I cannot go to settings on my screen because the remote doesn't work. It won't pair or unpair at all. Any suggestions on how to get it working again?

PLEASE HELP!

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 1:04 PM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2014 7:40 AM in response to Caroline_C

Hello Caroline_C,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

Troubleshooting the Apple Remote

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1722

If you're using the remote with an Apple TV

When you use the Apple Remote with Apple TV, make sure of the following:

• If you’ve paired Apple TV and an Apple Remote, make sure you’re using the paired remote:
    • If you’re using the paired remote and the Apple TV status light flashes white, the problem isn’t with the remote.
    • If you’re using an unpaired remote, the Apple TV status light flashes amber.
  • If you’ve paired Apple TV and an Apple Remote, and you can’t find the paired remote, set Apple TV to work with any remote by pressing and holding the Menu and Previous/Rewind buttons for 6 seconds.
  • Point the remote directly at Apple TV.
  • Make sure the IR receiver on the front of Apple TV isn’t blocked.
  • Another remote may be paired with Apple TV. You may want to unpair the remote and then pair it again.
  • If Apple TV displays a picture of a remote and a warning (User uploaded file) symbol, you need to replace the battery in the remote. See "How to replace the Apple Remote battery" for steps to replace the battery.

Have a nice day,

Mario

remote not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.