Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not delete Fox news icon from Safari Favorites Bar, keeps coming back

I can not delete "Fox news" icon from Safari Favorites Bar. Dogpile Search engine also. Both keep coming back with icons upon new opening of Safari.

I have removed these icons from the Book Mark files and Favorites Bar menu and any reference in the LIbrary and replaced them with less spammy evercookie news and search engines 3 times to no avail. I just upgraded Safari (April 2014) and it made no difference. These sites represent the paradigm I

no longer am putting energy into nor want which is why I have rid these increasing more corrupted and cookie agressive sites. But now.....they won't let me go!! Any one no how?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 2:17 PM

2 replies

Apr 12, 2014 9:46 AM in response to paullstanley

Thank you for trying but no not the problem. Had the same problem with Iphone 4S. Would not connect to my mail server and tried to send me to fraudulent website in the UK/England.

I did a restore to factory restore to the phone with upgrade to newest operating system, my was up to date until OS 7 as I heard there were problems. Now it has OS 7.

Neither I nor verizon could get the phone up and connected for service again. Taking phone to

apple store on Tues.

I am suspecting the "heart bleed" vulnerability.

can not delete Fox news icon from Safari Favorites Bar, keeps coming back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.