Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with PPTP VPN server authentication - Could not retrieve key agent account information

Errr so far switching to a mac based server has been a mess. I have had it with permission issues!!

Here is my latest problem. After rebuilding the server several times my VPN clients can't connect. Every other time it has been fine but for some reason its just not working. I did recreate the vpn from a back up. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyway below is the error I am getting. Anyone have any idea what is causing it? You have all already been so helpful. Thank you very much!

DSAuth plugin: Could not retrieve key agent account information.

DSAuth plugin: MPPE key required, but its retrieval failed.

CHAP peer authentication failed for joel

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Server 3.1.1 (Build 13S4140)

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 4:38 PM

2 replies

Problems with PPTP VPN server authentication - Could not retrieve key agent account information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.