Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to view movies with subtitles but without closed captioning? I can get both or neither, but not subtitles only.

Just in the last year I have had problems with a lot of foreign language films where I can have both subtitles and closed captioning or neither. (I'm very fortunate not to require closed captioning, but I speak only English and Spanish, so I often need subtitles.) I am in my 50s and have been a huge foreign film fan since college, but I don't remember ever having this problem until very recently. Tech support chats with Netflix and AppleCare calls in re iTunes/AppleTV have not provided any answers. The current state of the art seems a step backwards from what never used to be a problem. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has had this issue. A search of "subtitles" brought 0 responses, so I have to assume I'm the first person to have asked about it.

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 5:05 PM

There are no replies.

Is there any way to view movies with subtitles but without closed captioning? I can get both or neither, but not subtitles only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.