Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview Crashes my MBP when enter in Full-Screen

So I scanned a photo of my son for Easter. I opened it up in preview to do some cropping, but everytime I try to enter full screen mode (with the double arrows in the top right) the screen freezes, there is a loading gear that faintly appears at the bottom middle of my screen, then my whole screen get a blue tint, then my screen goes to a blank grey screen, then back to the log in screen.

Once I get to the log in screen, I can log in and it loads everything back like it was and tries to load my Messages, Calendars, etc that I have for log in items.

I have been able to reproduce this over and over with the some photo, but it doesn't occur with any other photo, including ones I have scanned with the same scanner to thei MBP.

What is going on here. If anyone is good with console logs, here's a screenshot. I marked the logs right before I reproduced this issue one last time, so every log you see is from the moment I hit the preview full screen mode button. Ther eis also about 10,000 lines of other crashing stuff, but I think this first section should help the most.

Tell me what you guys or gals think is going on here and what should I try to fix it? (I have a Time Capsule backup, so I'm good if it ends up being something extreme, I just want some suggestions of things to try.)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mavericks 10.9.2

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 4:53 PM

There are no replies.

Preview Crashes my MBP when enter in Full-Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.