Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't recent mp4 downloads play on my iPad?

I have recently downloaded some videos from Interweave press, however they "can't be played on this iPad.' Previous downloaded videos from this source work fine. I'm trying to track down if this is a problem with the vendor or an Apple issue. Can anyoe help?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 5:28 PM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2014 1:42 PM in response to knittinnana8

Hello knittinnana8,

It sounds like you have some content that is not syncable to your iPad. You can use iTunes to create an iPad version of the videos that should be able to sync over with this info:

Other video sources

If you didn't purchase your videos from the iTunes Store, they may not be a format that you can play on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. In many cases, you can convert them to the correct format using iTunes.

Depending on your device, choose one of these options:

• Select a video and choose File > Create New Version > Create iPod or iPhone Version.
  • Select a video and choose File > Create New Version > Create iPad or Apple TV Version.

From: iTunes: Videos may be unable to sync to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1497

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Why can't recent mp4 downloads play on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.