Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST APP IOS 6.1.6

How can i download the app "podcast" in my ipod 4th? i try to download in the app store but need the ios 7. how can i download the app podcast? i have reset my ipod and the app was delete.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 5:40 PM

5 replies

Apr 9, 2014 1:33 PM in response to Fernando Jun

Hello Fernando Jun,

It sounds like you are unable to download the Podcasts app directly because your iOS version does not support it. You can also redownload the latest compatible version from your purchased history in the iPod itself with this info:

Here's how you install an earlier version of an app:

1. Open the App Store (with iOS 4.3.3 or later) or Mac App Store (with OS X Mountain Lion only).
  2. Go to the Purchased screen (iOS) or Purchases tab (OS X).
  3. Select the app you want to download.

From: App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5919

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Apr 29, 2014 11:45 AM in response to Fernando Jun

In our classroom the iTunes U app and the Podcast app were accidentally replaced by the iOS 7 version.

We could download the previous version of the iTunes U app but for the Podcast app the ONLY proposed solution was the upgrade to iOS7. Which would mean to buy 34 new iphones/iPads in order to be able to upgrade.

We would like to thank Apple for the good customer service she provides and the fact she ONLY thinks about the convenience for herself as a company...

Sep 2, 2014 7:31 PM in response to sterling r

No - this no longer works. I was prompted by Apple to update my 3GS to 6.1.6 - this deleted most of the apps including the Podcast App. This app shows up on purchases, offers to go for an earlier version than the current IOS 7 compatible version, then says it is not available. Same is true for the Facebook app. Others, such as TuneIn Radio Pro and Viber appear to still maintain availability of an IOS6 compatible version

Apple is not offering useful service - the 3GS still works well (one battery replacement) - yet one of the major apps is deliberately rendered obsolete. Come on!

DOWNLOAD PODCAST APP IOS 6.1.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.