Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get the "part of project not played" error to stop?

My garageband app lately has been absolutely awful and everytime i do any recording will not let me play it back if im playing multiple tracks over eachother. In one project I have there is only one real acoustic track and when trying to record over it I am not able because a message is constantly popping up saying that the project can't be played because it has too many tracks, effects, or notes. I don't understand how this can be the case as I only have two tracks, no effects and minimal notes so there doesn't seem to be any reason why the project shouldn't be able to be played or recorded in real-time. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 5:42 PM

2 replies

Apr 6, 2014 10:25 PM in response to bl ue

How much other apps have you open?

When was the last time you restared your computer?

If you have not enough RAM or too manyapp "eating up" your RAM, then memory gets "outsourced" to your slower hard drive. That is bad news for hard disk recording.

However, two Tracks should be no problem. Do you have the same behavior with other projects or only this one?

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Apr 7, 2014 1:40 AM in response to bl ue

In addition to Edgar's explanation -

is your profile signature "GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)" still current? Just in case you already upgraded to OS X Mavericks, make sure you updated to the latest version 10.9.2. The 10.9.1 version had problems with the memory management, that have been fixed in the new update.

You can check, how much memory is used by your applications from the "Activity Monitor" utility. You will find it in the "Utilities" folder in the "Applications" folder. Launch it and click the "Memory" tab, to see which applications are competing with GarageBand for the memory and should better be closed.

To free as much memory as possible at once, restart the computer, if you are continually seeing "Part of project not played".

how do i get the "part of project not played" error to stop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.