Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi i recently purchased a Iphone 4s- SMS and imessage

hi so i bought a iphone recently, regarding the blue and green speech bubbles:

my sister has a ipad which is only wifi, she sends imessage texts which appear on my phone as blue. But when she sends messages from her iphone they appear green.

Now the problem is they have created two different accounts for the same person. I would like to know if there is a way to merge them into one contact? sometimes i get green and blue of the same text which is annoying!

I want to know if there is a way to merge her ipad use and iphone use so that when she texts in imessage one time, and then messages sms with iphone they appear under one contact...

any suggestions?

thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 7:25 PM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2014 7:54 PM in response to Templeton Peck

thanks for the reply, however i already know that.

right now when my sister messages from her imessage on ipad, it ends up being one separate thread. Then we she messages with SMS from her iphone it ends up being another entirely separate thread. So im wondering if there is a way to combine both the blue and green into one account under one name?

i tried linking both accounts at the start but it didnt do anything. Then i deleted her blue imessage thread but it only restarted a new thread once she messaged from her ipad.

So basically what im asking is if shes out of the house and she messages SMS and that appears in one thread under her name in GREEN on MY PHONE. when she gets back home, i suspect her wireless is detected hence she goes into imessage (same with ipad), therefore when she messages it will be in blue. But when i receive the message its in a new thread to the GREEN one, and thus i have two separate threads on my phone. One green, one blue, but under the same name.

My question is i really wanna know if there is a way to combine both the accounts into one?

Hi i recently purchased a Iphone 4s- SMS and imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.