Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still rings with Do not disturb

My iPhone 4s IOS7 still rings with DND

1- do not disturb is on

2- it's set for all calls

3- the repeated calls in not enabled

4-silence is turn "always" and even with the phone locked rings

5- i've tried with scheduled and the same problem

Any help?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2014 10:51 PM

DND does not kick in until the phone locks. So if you set DND and continue to use the phone you will still get calls etc

10 replies

Apr 6, 2014 10:52 PM in response to Leonel rojas

It's my understanding that this is by design.

Do Not Disturb mode is meant to be active when the phone is not actively in use. The idea behind it is that, if the phone is unlocked and you are working with it, you do in fact WANT to be notified of a new item. However, when the phone is locked and dormant, the logic is that you no longer wish to be disturbed, and it will suppress vibration / notification indicators.

So for example, if you are sleeping, and DND is on, then it will remain silent, and not vibrate. If you roll over, pick up your phone to check messages, and it's active, the DND will still allow vibrate to indicate new messages while you are using it.

Sep 15, 2015 11:27 AM in response to Leonel rojas

This may not help your situation, but I found this thread when I had the same issue and the setting I had to change was the "Repeated calls" feature. when you are in the Do Not Disturb settings screen there is an option to allow phone calls from the same number to not be silence if they come within three minutes of each other. It looks like the default setting for this is to allow the phone to ring if two calls come from the same number within three minutes. For me this was an issue because my phone number has been randomly spoofed for about six months now, so every month or so I start getting flurries of calls from people who try to call back the number they think just called them. For some unknown reason it seems like when people do that they often call multiple times (or maybe this is a weird by-product of the spoofing?). Either way, when my phone rang while Do Not Disturb was on it was always because someone tried to call me twice from the same number. I changed that setting and now the problem is solved.

Still rings with Do not disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.