Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send email through my aol mail on my iPad 2 after updating to iOS 7

I had to update m iPad because I was no longer able to work a lot of my apps because they kept telling me that there was an update that I had to do in order to even work my apps! I was very reluctant to do it in the first place fearing that I would loose a lot of my pics, videos and or more! Anyway so the other day I sat down and finally did it. After updating my iPad 2 to the new operating system of iOS 7 now I cannot send emails through my aol mail on my iPad. I tried putzing with the settings for smtp and to no avail nothing, I then decided well maybe downloading the aol app would help but still not good enough because it takes up so much room that I had to delete some apps just to get it. I had since deleted the aol app and am still trying to figure out why I keep getting the message I am getting is incorrect] hen it gives me two options which are option 1) Settings and option 2) Cancel. I am in need of assistance here because I can receive mail but cannot send it. Oh and I am able to send mail through my other email addresses on my iPad mail including my me.com and iCloud.com as well as two others but am not able to send through aol. I am loosing my patience with apple very quickly as one why did I have to update the system and why am I forced to update my apps which I feel is completely ridiculous in the first place. Everything was fine until I had to do that and now I cannot keep my iPad on for more then an hour when the battery drains so quickly now because I guess it takes up so much unneeded space! PLEASE HELP ME!

<Email Edited by Host>

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7, Cant send email after update 2 ios7

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 12:11 AM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2014 10:54 AM in response to PriestessJeanann

Hello, PriestessJeanann.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here is an article I would recommend going through when experiencing issues with mail. The usual fix would be to delete the email account in question and add this account via the preset AOL option. I would also recommend checking with your email provider for security procedures such as two-step verification as this could cause this issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3899

Cheers,

Jason H.

Can't send email through my aol mail on my iPad 2 after updating to iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.