Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 touchscreen is responding erratically to inputs.

Hi all

It's absolutely infuriating. I see others are having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution? All I've seen is a load of people saying they're got the same issue but no answers.

I've tried to restore the phone but the problem continues to exists and now the restore from iCloud won't complete, regardless of what I try.

Thanks in advance...

🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 2:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2014 3:00 AM in response to MrDCG

Like you my iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1 just makes me want to throw it out of the window because of frustration on the touchscreen. It all happend after I updated to iOS 7.1.

I found this post from Ozboyblu (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5987552?start=30&tstart=0) which ended up having Apple to replace the unit.

Unfortunately for me, I bought the phone when I visited the US and now that I am not in the US, I'm stuck with the crappy iPhone that used to work before the recent update.

If somebody from Apple is reading this, please work on patching this issue ASAP.

iPhone 5 touchscreen is responding erratically to inputs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.