Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes to stereo.

Hi there,

I have a fairly high end stereo (Redgum amp, Krix speakers) and would like to use my itunes library through it. I have the new airport time capsule and the new macbook pro. My problem is its a fairly big house and the stereo is on the other side of the room - all open plan - and it looks like i need an airport express across the other side plugged into the stereo. But, do i really need an ethernet cable to go into it? That would be a hassle. The cable would have to cross the room and a hallway and my toddler would have a field day with it.

Can the express and the capsule talk to each other wirelessly? Do they really need to?

Can't move the stereo. Too difficult.

What should I do?

Any ideas appreciated

Dav9000

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 6:14 AM

Hello, Dav9000.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

The best option for this would be to to create an extended wireless network from the Airport Time Capsule to the AirPort Express. Here is some information regarding this option and how to set this up.

Wi-Fi base stations: Setting up and configuring an extended wireless network (802.11n)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4259

Cheers,

Jason H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 6:14 AM in response to Dav9000

Hello, Dav9000.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

The best option for this would be to to create an extended wireless network from the Airport Time Capsule to the AirPort Express. Here is some information regarding this option and how to set this up.

Wi-Fi base stations: Setting up and configuring an extended wireless network (802.11n)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4259

Cheers,

Jason H.

iTunes to stereo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.