Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a macbook pro. It only contains windows 7 and no Mac os and now i want to upgrade to windows 8. How to do it?

i'm using a macbook pro. The previous user had installed windows and somehow deleted the Mac Os and now it contains only windows 7. Now i want to upgrade windows 8. i want to know how to do it ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 3:26 AM

8 replies

Apr 8, 2014 12:44 AM in response to Shah212

The official or unofficial way? Officially, you could call apple and get the right Mac disks sent to you so you could reinstall OSX then use boot camp assistant to install windows. If you never use OSX, you could get away with a leaving a 25-30gb partition for OSX leaving the rest for windows.

Unofficially, I think you could just insert the CD in the drive and boot from it like a windows machine to install 8 over 7.

Apr 8, 2014 2:19 AM in response to Shah212

Shah212 wrote:

yeah i know. i have the original windows 8 with me but i don't how to install it on my macbook pro because theres no mac os on it.earlier i has mac os so i used bootcamp through it and intalled windows 7. Now theres no mac so am wondering how to install windows 8 on it ?

You now have a Windows machine, so just put the disc in and install 8, nothing different from any other Windows machines.

I have a macbook pro. It only contains windows 7 and no Mac os and now i want to upgrade to windows 8. How to do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.